Wednesday, 18 November 2009

Tickets to NZ and Christmas Shopping - 1st Nov - 18th Nov

These few weeks consisted mainly of me getting ready to head back to New Zealand, buying wedding stuff for Vanessa's wedding and buying Christmas presents to take home. It consisted mostly of spending lots of money, but it was fun!!

The second of November I booked my flights to New Zealand for my fleeting 6 days in New Zealand and 3 days flying trip. Even though it was for a short amount of time I was looking forward to it and had already begun counting down the days till I flew out.


On the Tuesday Cam got to go to his first Canucks game at GM place. Apparently it was pretty awesome. I'm guessing it will be the first of many games if possible. Its funny that in this sport there are rules on how you can fight and fighting is actually allowed. Makes for good entertainment according to Cam. I think it just give boys a chance to compensate for something they may be missing. Can't wait for my first game.


The 6th of November we decided to have a Canadian engagement party with some of the friends we had made over here. We headed down to the Lions pub for a few drinks before heading down to the waterfront to a beautiful restaurant which over looks the harbour, Stanley park and North Vancouver called Carderos. It was a lovely evening celebrating our engagement with great food, drinks, friends and conversation.

On the 7th, Lauren, a girl from work was celebrating her birthday at a nice little restaurant in Kits. We decided to head there for a few quiet drinks after having dinner at home. Well a few quite drinks turn into several loud drinks, which turned into a great night of fun and laughter. Really glad we made the effort to go out, had a great evening.

Saturday 7th through to Sunday 9th of Nov, mostly consisted of Christmas shopping, I figure as I will be going home I may as well utilize the 2 baggage thing and save on postage by taking all my presents home. On the Sunday I also found my bridesmaid dress which was very exciting as I thought it was perfect and didn't take too long to find. I just hope it fits in at the wedding with everyone else.

Not much else to share up to the 18th of Oct as the majority of our spare time, when I wasn't working, consisted of Christmas shopping. Its hard to believe we hadn't even reached December and had pretty much completed all of our shopping. I feel I am going to be quite organised this year for a change.

0 comments: